For eighteen years now it has been our mission to love God with everything. That means that no matter where you have come from and where you are on your spiritual journey, we want to come alongside to inspire, equip and encourage you to live out a life that will bring glory to God and be a blessing to the world. Encounter Church is a place where LIFE starts, LOVE happens and PURPOSE is revealed.
1. We believe the Holy Bible is the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative source of Christian faith and practice. The Bible is a supreme revelation from God, superior to conscience and reason, though not contrary to reason (II Timothy 3:16,17).
2. We believe there is one God, eternally present in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26; Matthew 3:16,17; John 1:1-4).
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but as a result of sin is lost and powerless to save himself (Genesis 1:26; Romans 6:23).
4. We believe that the only hope for man is to believe on Jesus Christ, the virgin born Son of God, fully God, fully man. Through faith in Christ’s life, death and resurrection, mankind is redeemed (Romans 10:9,10,13; John 3:16; Ephesians 2:1-10)
5. We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells all believers, and through the baptism of the Holy Spirit believers are empowered for Christian service and gifted for this service. An evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues (Luke 11:13, Acts 1:8, 2:1-4, 19:6).
6. We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, both universal and local, and is composed of individuals who through faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. We believe that Christ Jesus is the Head and Lord of the Church. The mission of the Church is worship, evangelism, discipleship and the nurturing and care of one another. (Matthew 28:1-20; Colossians 1:18; Ephesians 2:19-22).
7. We believe that eternal life in heaven is the reward of all who believe and receive Christ as their Lord according to the scripture, “the fearful, unbelieving, abominable, whoremonger, sorcerers, idolaters, and liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone which is the second death.” (Revelations 21:8; John 3:16-18).
8. We believe that salvation is by grace through faith alone. No amount of good works will produce justification before God. We further believe that the manifestation of faith and grace is a holy life expressed through righteous works (Ephesians 2:8-10).
9. We believe in the calling and gifting of various ministries in the church, including but not limited to, apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers and deacons. We believe that the Church has a responsibility for recognizing, equipping and commissioning these various ministries for the edification of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Corinthians 12:12-30; Romans 12:3-8).
10. We believe that divine healing: physical, emotional, and spiritual is included in the atonement of Christ (Isaiah 53:4; Matthew 8:17).
11. We believe in two sacraments of the church: A. The Sacrament of Water Baptism; B. The Sacrament of Holy Communion (Acts 2:38; Matthew 26:26-30).
12. We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, the consummation of the Kingdom of God and the restitution of all things spoken by the mouth of all the prophets since the world began (Matthew 24:42-44; Acts 1:11; 3:19-21; Revelation 11:15).